Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Dozen

To change up my recent travel posts so all 3 of you don't get bored, I'm going to throw in 2nd Cup of Coffee's Random Dozen questions along with some random, albeit beautiful, pictures I took while on the trip.  How do ya like that for tootin' my own horn?  heehee

1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced?  Were the circumstances which you made the faux pas embarrassing?  

Hmmm...I can't think of any right off.  However, when we were kids and riding in the car, sometimes I would say, "Ham on game!"  instead of  "Hang on, gang!" which is what my dad used to say to us if we had to stop quickly.  But, no, I'm not embarrassed to reveal this.  After all, I was only 4 years old. ; )


2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex.: "I've got ur notes.  Get them 2 u 2morow?")  

I'm indifferent.  i use some txtng shrtcts but i thnk it cld get cnfusng if u used m 2 often.  And I try to avoid miscommunications as much as humanly possible.

And here's an example just from this morning (after I had already published this post):
Background:  My birthday is tomorrow and Brian has the day off and wanted to know what I want to do - Here are our texts back and forth about this subject.

Me:  Birthday plan - drop off L at school, brkfst, High museum for Dali exhibit
Brian: Bet
Me: Bet?
Brian: low, ok
Me: What is low?
Brian: In other words
Me: (realizing that my phone's capital i's look like lower case l's)
Brian: low, im wichu
Me: My capital i's look like lower case l's.
Brian: Not my fault
Me: Ahem
Brian: low, i love you

Of course, I'm substituting his upper-case i's with lower-case l's so you can basically see what I was seeing.


3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.

Ugh.  Must I?  Mushroom hair.  'Nuf said.  And they misspelled my name in the yearbook.  But, then again, nearly everyone misspells my name and I'm used to it by now and it doesn't bug me.


4. How funny!  There isn't a number four!  Let's see if I can think of one... 

Gosh!  I got nothin'.


5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.

Homecoming was usually kind of uneventful.  I do remember not knowing if I was going to go to the Homecoming dance my senior year and I decided to go and ended up borrowing a dress from a friend or my cousin and going solo. My mom dropped me off (no car of my own) and since I was "unattached" was able to dance with whomever I pleased.   I was much more interested in watching my friends play in the football game beforehand and checking out what the Homecoming court was wearing and who would win the crown.


6. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?

Sunsets.  I'm not what you'd call a "morning person".


7. What is something that you have not done that you desire to do?

Go to Italy.


8. If you could come back (in another life) as an animal, which would it be?

A house cat.


9. Where were you 10 years ago?  Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.

Weekend of my birthday October 2000?  I was at a Dress as Famous Couples Halloween party dressed as Sonny Bono and Brian was dressed as Cher.  Naturally, because he's taller and does a mean impression of Cher tossing her hair over her shoulder.  He can even do it without hair on his head! .... He's such a good sport!


10. When you are proven to be correct in a contentious discussion, do you gloat?

I try not to engage in contentious discussions.  But, IF I'm proven to be correct, (which would be rare) then I don't gloat.  I just  bite my lip and smile a lot on the inside.

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel"?

Caramello candy bars


12. If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?

I don't want any family but my own.    Awwww...


signature