Saturday, July 10, 2010

Weekend Recap (6 Days Late)

I have a good excuse though.  My neck has felt as stiff as a redwood tree all week and I have barely been able to move it all week.  You could drill a hole in my neck and drive your car through it and I would never know.  Does the Redwood Forest charge admission?  Maybe that could be a nice little side job for me.

Saturday  (last Saturday, as in 7 days ago) - Brian took a much deserved weekend off and stayed in a hotel and did whatever a 39 year old guy wants to do when he doesn't have a wife and 4 kids to think about.  Basically?  He got to relax.  While he was gone the rest of us split up - Mom with Anna and Landon to fireworks and Cameron, Parker and I to a friend's house for games, food and fun and then fireworks afterward. 

Adults and kids alike played four-square. 

I may never learn how to take good fireworks pictures.  I laid on my belly trying to use my elbows to keep the camera still and I hurt my neck somehow while keeping my head still watching the fireworks and taking pictures. Brian has had to work on getting it back in shape every day this week.  I'm still not back at 100%.  It's getting there, though, and I have never been more thankful that he is a chiropractor and not a plumber.

Sunday we went to the Duttons' and lit firecrackers in their cul-de-sac and ate Stephanie's scrumptious peach cobbler and Marc's delicious ribs...well, not Marc's ribs (that would be cannibalism) but some animal's ribs that Marc cooked... you know what I mean.  Landon, of course, was the only one to get hurt but it was only one of about a dozen times in 3 days that he was injured in some way.   I really should invest in stock in Johnson & Johnson so I can get some of my money back from all the Band-Aids we use on him.

 

 It's kind of been a long week and I'll post something tomorrow about our adventures from Monday - Friday but for now I just have a confession to make:

I'm kind of ready for school to start.   It's hard to believe that there are only 3 more weeks of summer for us, especially when I realize that other schools around the country just started their summer breaks a couple weeks ago.  I think we've done a pretty good job this year of keeping the kids busy and also giving them time to just chill out at home.  Brian wrote a sweet post about it the other day and I honestly don't know what our summer would have looked like if he hadn't decided to take Thursdays off for the summer.  He's a huge blessing.  

And that is the understatement of the century right there, folks.  Talk atcha tomorrow!
  signature