Friday, July 23, 2010

Aliens and Amicalola Falls

I sat with fingers perched at  ASDF/JKL: for 5 minutes not knowing how to begin this post.   I feel like I need to write something instead of just posting pictures but my brain hurts.  The Red Dress Club started putting out a writing challenge for Fridays.  Today you were supposed to pick 4 numbers from 1 to 10 and each number was assigned a particular character, setting, situation and time (write your numbers down before you scroll down to see what you might end up with).  Then you are supposed to write a short story or poem or something that includes those 4 elements.

HaHa!  My 4 elements ended up being "alien", "a seminar", "spring" and "someone is falling in love"!  I haven't sat down to write it yet but already I'm interested in what could be spawned from those 4 things!

In the meantime, I think I'll rest my brain and just post these pictures from our Thursday Adventure to Amicalola Falls yesterday.

 God's attention to detail never ceases to amaze me.  He is never in a "creative slump".
 
The kids did much better hiking this time than they did in the fall.  
We like taking the East Ridge trail to go up to the top of the falls and then taking the stairs down.  
I think this is a much easier route on the gluteous maximus.

 
 
 
 
There are only a few pictures of the kids because they never stopped moving.  Cameron was our self-proclaimed leader which, naturally, meant that it became a race to the finish - "The Mommy team vs. The Daddy Team".  He, Parker and I were "The Mommy Team" and Brian, Anna and Landon were on "The Daddy Team".  I need to teach that child how to stop and smell the roses.  Especially since I wasn't wearing proper hiking attire (i.e. socks) and now I am a limping mess with a huge ugly blister on the back of my right heel.   *slapping own forehead*  Brian told me last night, "I'm the one getting old but you're the one falling apart."



Between my crooked neck and blistered feet I can't do much in the way of housework.  Perhaps I'll go write that alien love story.  Stay tuned.
signature