Monday, July 26, 2010

I don't know how those moms do it.

I'm at a breaking point.  I told Brian when he came home for lunch today that I could never homeschool my children.  He asked why.  My reply was, "Because being around them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week would MAKE   ME   COMPLETELY  INSANE!"  And, yes, I did then break out in tears.  I'd like to be that kind of woman.  The one that thinks it's vitally important to guard their children's education.  The kind of woman that makes sure to pour The Word into them all day.  To be that selfless.  

But I'm not.  Not yet, anyhow.  And, at least this year, I don't have to be...because school starts a week from today.  

We've had a wonderful summer.  They've gotten along reasonably well over the last 2 months.  But Landon's constant whining and the ever-increasing demands from he and Anna are more than I can handle. 

I'm not having a good day and it's not all their fault but it's largely in part because I'm dealing with other issues within myself and that only adds stress to my relationship with them.  I love them dearly.  Honest and True.

signature