Wednesday, July 14, 2010

IHF My Story in Photos - I Heart My Country

This room.  The color of these four walls soothes and calms my spirit.


This house.  It's just enough room for us.  Not too big.  Not too small.  We each have our space for privacy but we're not so far apart that it takes long to find one another.


This neighborhood.  From my front porch I get to know our neighbors and their children and they know us and our children.


This town. The activity and buzz of Atlanta is only a short drive from us but you'd never know that when you have to pass 5 horse farms, 3 goat pastures, 2 cow pastures and a yard full of roosters to get home.


This beautiful southern state. The weather. The mountains. The beach.  The history. The people.  The culture.
We have it all here.


This country.  Here I have the right to: 
  • Choose my religion 
  • Freedom of Expression
  • Trial by jury
  • Choose our President and Representatives, etc., etc.

And the opportunities and potential and privileges afforded to me simply because I am a citizen of these United States is not something I will ever take for granted.  (Especially after reading a post like this.)

signature