Friday, March 12, 2010

Wow! That song takes me back to...

I don't know that I have any specific memories related to music other than concerts I've attended.  But when I hear certain songs or bands I tend to associate people I know with that music.

For instance:

  • The Cure - My best friend in highschool Candice
  • Mercy Me - Kristy Dorminy (??  Not really sure why exactly ??)
  • Red Hot Chile Peppers - My brother Stephen
  • The song Take These Broken Wings by Mr. Mister - Sorry, Paul, I know it hasn't been your favorite since you were 10 years old but it's a hard habit to break.
  • Neil Diamond - My mom
  • Anything off Paul Simon's album Graceland - my dad, particularly during the time he lived in Jacksonville, Florida
  • The song More Than You'll Ever Know by Watermark - Juli and Heidi and Shana
And other songs might not have a specific memory attached but rather certain places attached to them.

For instance:

  • Soul for Real's album Candy Rain - takes me back to 1996 when I first started dating Brian
  • The Cranberries' album everybody else is doing it, so why can't we? - Ski trip to North Carolina with my youth group 
  • Wes King's song Thought You'd be Here - reminds me of when we were waiting to get pregnant with Cameron.  I'd hear this song nearly every day on my way to class at Clayton State and I'd cry all my make up off.
  • Chet Baker, Maxwell and Anita Baker - all make me feel like I'm in downtown Atlanta on a date with Brian.  
  • Ace of Base - 1994 Lynchburg, Virginia
  • The Black Crowes, Angie Aparo and The Village People - remind me of when we used to go to Music Midtown festival 
  • Ottmar Liebert, Bob Marley and The Dream Academy - all make me feel like I'm on vacation to Florida or Puerto Rico

 

 I moved the cd collection downstairs recently.  This is a shot of the bookcase and a shot of all the cd's that still needed to fit in here somehow.  I think it's high time we moved everything into digital files, don't you?





  And, in case you didn't notice, I have a varied taste in music.  ; )  Do you have any music-related memories?
Linked up today with Mylestones for Flashback Friday.

 signature