Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I wouldn't mind having the name Sinead

 I loved the questions for the Random Dozen today! 


1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?  I'm probably a 1.5. 

2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe?  Cleaning Landon and Anna's rooms the other day!


3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?   From 7:00 - 7:45 a.m. and then from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.

4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for?   The first thing that springs to mind (and I will only list one since there are so many) is we were really late to Brian's great-uncle's funeral.  We had to wait until Brian was off for lunch and then drive over an hour away.  We made it there in time to hear Taps being played.  We love you, though, Uncle Jasper and we'll see you again!

5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?   Driving around with the windows rolled down!

6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?   Yes!  I was just laughing this morning, when I dropped Anna off at preschool, about how EVERYONE had on green!   Every little person and every teacher!   I think it's very funny that we celebrate this day in this manner.  And I wonder if Ireland knows how much we love them?

7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable?   Electricity, water, how a camera can "see" what you see and then remember it and store it and you can print it out!, that the continental plates shift and move, stars, languages that use symbols that are different from the ones I use (i.e. Arabic, Korean, Chinese, Japanese), the internet, how musicians can put notes and words together into something beautiful, ...I'm in awe every day.

8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live?   Sweet little lamb

9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?  Gee whiz, I'd probably waste it.  I'm already given 24 and I waste most of those already.

10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?    A new wardrobe

11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.  Plumbing

12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here (www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name. Mine is "Zoe O'Sullivan." I love it!  Mine was Sinead Flannery

And, on that note, (and copying Joyce's idea) I'll end this post with the ethereal voice of Sinead O'Connor singing Sacrifice who was born in Glenageary Dublin.  ; )   Wouldn't you love to be that beautiful bald?



signature