Monday, March 29, 2010

Dramatic Black & White


I have a lot to learn when it comes to editing photos.  For the longest time I just used HP Photosmart to do any editing and my "editing" pretty much only consisted of cropping, converting to black & white, increasing the contrast and perhaps changing the hue and saturation.  The thing I like the best about Photosmart is that it shows you all your options before you do anything to it.  The only problem is that you're limited to how much you can do.

At Christmas, I bought Photoshop Elements 8.  There is so much you can do with this program.  This is good and bad.  Good because of all the choices.  Bad because I'm overwhelmed with all the choices and don't know where to start.  Nor do I have a lot of time to figure these things out, so my learning the program is occurring very slowly.  

I just recently discovered the Lighting options.   So, without further ado, here is my entry into this week's theme of Dramatic Black & White over at I Heart Faces.  I think it feels very "moody" this way.

signature
P.S. Sorry about the crazy comment thing duplicating itself 3 times.  I have no idea what's going on with it.  I tried changing my background the other day and it deleted DISQUS and then when I changed it back to the old background it did this new thing.  I'll fix it when I get some time to figure out what's wrong with it.