Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Brain Needs a Break

I've been feeling a bit distracted or something, lately, with all the stuff going on at home (in-laws, brother in town, kids' school stuff, etc., etc.) and I've kind of set this here blog off to the side for a moment.   In an effort not to neglect it too horribly I think I'll just participate in other blogs' linking up parties (for lack of a better phrase).  That way I don't have to use my brain too much.  ; )

I haven't done Linda's Random Dozen in a while but I always love  reading Joyce's answers and so here I am again.

1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?

I think, if I'm being honest, that I lean way to the side of grumpy and fussy.  Unless we're talking about pain.  Then I think I handle it mostly well.

2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
WOOPEE!  Where's my camera?

3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
Daily cleaning up.

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
Nah

5. What song is on your mind today?
Ray Lamontagne's  "You Are the Best Thing".  Hopefully, you'll find out why in a couple days. *wink*


.  


6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
I love both.  I like the classic story-lines/plots but I also like the more contemporary camera techniques and film editing.

7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.

Ummm... This would not be something I would write down as a strength of mine.  ; )

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
His reputation.   He was cute and funny but when I first told people I was dating him EVERYONE said, "He is SUCH a nice guy!" 

9. When was the last time your heart raced?
Last night when I saw that Corinne is going to try and get some bloggers together and I REALLY REALLY want to go!!!

10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
Shoebox mailboxes and cutting out hearts and gluing paper doilies to them to make valentines.

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Of course, chocolate comes to mind first but then those chewy, sugar-coated hearts.

12. Red or Pink?
Red!  Absolutely!  It's my favorite!