Friday, February 12, 2010

A heart that is just as full as this day has been

Love.

It's a subject too broad.  Too deep.

The goal in today's post:  Narrow it down.  Focus.

My flashbacks today have been mostly from three years ago.

We wanted another baby; our family of five didn't feel quite complete.  Someone was missing.   

Anna was only 6 months old when we started talking about having "the last one."   We knew if we put it off for too long then we would get comfortable.  We had two boys and a girl.  We didn't really want to be changing diapers for a lot longer.  We weren't looking forward to more sleepless nights.

But we knew it would be worth it.

And he is.  He is so worth it.

Labor started early that morning - maybe around 6 a.m..   We knew that this baby was coming today so Brian went to the office to quickly cancel his appointments.  I waited patiently for him to get back.  But if I was standing up the contractions were so painful that I would immediately have to sit down again and then they would be gone.  Based on this, I thought it might be a while before things got "hot and heavy".  So, we did as suggested, and made an appointment to be seen in my doctor's office before heading to the hospital.

During the 20 minute drive to the office and 10/15 minutes in the waiting room things had started to "progress".  Dr. Dyar checked me that morning around 9 a.m..

"Rebekah, you're 8 centimeters already.  I'll meet you across the street!"

And then my water broke right there in his office.

Yeah. We were definitely in a hurry then.

And, within the hour, I heard the announcement that I already knew in my mama heart:

"It's a boy!"

 Of course it was.  I knew very early on with that pregnancy that Landon Robert was next on God's agenda for our lives.  And I like His Plan.  He's been right all along.  I know He knows what He's doing.  And I trust Him.

What I don't understand is:


Why is this child up at 11:00 p.m. to tell me, "Mommy, I got the booger out.  It's in my bed." ?


Happy Birthday, Sweet Buddy!

Love,
Mommy

Linking this post up - very late- to Mylestone's Flashback Friday where this week's prompt was: Love.