Have you been introduced to my brain? You know,... the monkey in my skull playing an accordion? Yeah. That's the one.
Well, that monkey? He's tired. He's been playing a quick-step polka for about a week straight now and he's ready to "Take Five."
Here is the monkey's playlist lately:
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? by The Clash - Since I'm not certain I should be spending $400 to go to lunch with friends in New Hampshire, 1,000 miles away; no matter how badly I want to go. ; )
- Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow - Because everyone is so excited about the possible 2 inches we may or may not get tomorrow.
- My Funny Valentine by Chet Baker - This one is obvious. Three kids in school. One of the three in preschool who had a difficult time writing down "all those letters", same child has a Valentine's party at school tomorrow that I am helping to coordinate and I can't find the class list for Parker's class and am still waiting on an e-mail from his teacher so we can finish those up.
- Crazy by Seal - Because Brian's mom showed up here today (Surprise!) and, with her not dealing with her bi-polar disorder and alcohol addiction and going through a divorce from her husband of 48 years, I wasn't sure how I felt about having her around unexpectedly. Her state of mind is ...well,... um... sketchy at best lately. Thank goodness the visit was actually much more pleasant than I anticipated.
- And, last but not least, Birthday by The Beatles - Because tomorrow is my baby's 3rd birthday!!!