Thursday, February 11, 2010

Monkey Polka

It's been a day.

Have you been introduced to my brain?  You know,... the monkey in my skull playing an accordion?  Yeah.  That's the one.

Well, that monkey?  He's tired.   He's been playing a quick-step polka for about a week straight now and he's ready to "Take Five."

Here is the monkey's playlist lately:
  • Should I Stay or Should I Go? by The Clash - Since I'm not certain I should be spending $400 to go to lunch with friends in New Hampshire, 1,000 miles away; no matter how badly I want to go.    ; )
  • Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow - Because everyone is so excited about the possible 2 inches we may or may not get tomorrow.
  • My Funny Valentine by Chet Baker - This one is obvious.   Three kids in school.  One of the three in preschool who had a difficult time writing down "all those letters", same child has a Valentine's party at school tomorrow that I am helping to coordinate and I can't find the class list for Parker's class and am still waiting on an e-mail from his teacher so we can finish those up.
  •  Crazy by Seal - Because  Brian's mom showed up here today (Surprise!) and, with her not dealing with her bi-polar disorder and alcohol addiction and going through a divorce from her husband of 48 years, I wasn't sure how I felt about having her around unexpectedly.  Her state of mind is ...well,... um... sketchy at best lately.  Thank goodness the visit was actually much more pleasant than I anticipated.
  • And, last but not least, Birthday by The Beatles - Because tomorrow is my baby's 3rd birthday!!!  
So, as you can plainly see, it's time to shut my brain down and let that monkey get some sleep.  Love y'all so much!
signature