Friday, February 5, 2010

Hi, I'm Larry and this is my brother Darryl and this is my other brother Darryl.

I have no memories of life before siblings.   Of course this is because I was only14 months old when Paul arrived and just 16 months later Stephen showed up!  My parents were the ripe old ages of 22 and 23 when they were DONE having kids.

 Poor kid.  Am I pinching his nose shut?


 Poor kid!  Why did he go along with this crazy idea of mine?

I like to tease and say that they are the hillbillies because I was born on the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor but we had moved to Virginia just before they were born when my dad was in the Army for a few years.

Cousins, parents, sometimes grandparents may fill a large majority of the memories of some people.  My growing up memories are mostly of my brothers.   Hide and seek - favorite hiding places were in the closets in their room.  "Crash Derby" - riding our bikes down the sidewalk and then throwing ourselves off the bikes into the grass just before you got to the curb at the end of the street.  Playing on the swing set in our yard - Singing out: "One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready and four to go!" and then jumping out of the swing at just about the highest point possible!  Amazingly only one bone was ever broken during this activity!  

 That's quite the ensemble there, Stephen!  You're rockin' those plaid pants, baby!

We may not have always gotten along and sometimes we still don't even though we're all thirty-somethings now but I know that they've "got my back" and they know they can count on me as well.   They're great guys and I can not imagine my life without them.



Check out more Flashback Friday at Mylestones where the prompt this week was obviously - Siblings.  ; )
signature