Friday, May 22, 2009

Lost: 1 brain; Reward for finding: 1 Lifetime of Gratitude

Oh my goodness! I very nearly forgot to go to Cuddle Bug's Kindergarten graduation/luau! At 8:44, while quilting/drinking coffee/watching Dora/totally relaxing thinking I have all day to do as I please, it suddenly dawned on me that I had to be at the school at 9:30! That gave me only 30 minutes to take a shower, get dressed, style my hair, get Baby Bug dressed and find socks and shoes that might pass for matching Lady Bug's outfit! Don't forget 50 plates and 50 forks, the camera, my phone and a diaper and wipes just in case! And do it all successfully without screaming like a woman possessed at my poor little children who are wondering why their mother has jumped up and dashed across the room yelling, "OH! NO! OH! NO! OH! NO!"

*****
Hooray! 3 minutes in the shower, 4 minutes to do makeup, 10 minutes to do hair, 3 minutes to iron and get dressed, 2 minutes to find lavender socks and shoes to match, 3 minutes to change a diaper and dress a two-year old, 28 seconds to brush my teeth, 2 minutes to grab purse/camera/plates and spoons (no forks), 1 minute to buckle in babies and approximately 3 minutes of running around the house in between each thing and we were out the door in 31 minutes!!

Thank goodness I made it or I would have missed out on his hula dancing and "air surfing". Entirely too cute!

No comments: