Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Feeling a bit Upside Down

Oh, I so picked the wrong music to listen to tonight before bed. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. I feel like I've been in a mild state of depression for a little while now and this may drag me so far down that I won't be able to see any light peeking through from the top of my hole.

I'd better look for something more upbeat. ***
Looked in my file labeled Bekah's Run - Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run"
- Bryan Adams "Run to You"
- Melissa Ethridge " I Run for Life"
- Coldplay "Speed of Sound", etc., etc.
Nah...
***
Bob Marley? Nah, it'll only make me want the beach that much more!

***
Chet Baker? Nah, too mellow... waaaay too mellow.
***
Corinne Bailey Rae? No.
Gosh! Do I have anything up beat?! Maybe this is part of my problem.
***
Getz & Gilberto? No,... makes me want to be downtown on a date with a cup of coffee and I am only in my bed in my own house and it's too late for coffee.
***
Jack Johnson! Jackpot! That will do nicely. Maybe this will help to turn my mood upside down. I think I'll listen to this all day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

Rebekah, don't ever listen to Counting Crowes or Tori Amos when you're feeling yourself sliding into a funk. It will push you face first in the mud. Seriously, dude.

Anyway, hang in there through the slump. If you've been reading my blog even sporadically, there's no way you'd have missed the depressing tone it had taken on over the last month. But I'm climbing out, and I had a good week, and I hope that you will too. Feel free to shoot me an email if you ever want to chat about it. (email in right margin of my blog).

Take care, Mama.