Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cleaning Virtual Toilets? Really?!?

August 20, 2009 - Griffin Road

Okay. I need to write again today so that none of you worry about my mental state. Not that you're worried because,... really... anyhow.

I am aware that I haven't exactly been doing anything to change my mood. Rather, I've been sitting here at the computer for several friggin' hours a day doing nothing but junk, including the Restaurant City game on Facebook. So today I vow to turn things around! Including, but not limited to, Restaurant City. In that game you hire your friends to do the cooking, serving and cleaning in your restaurant. You can hire yourself and give yourself a job, too. So what job do you think I have been giving myself every day? Cleaner!!! What?!? Why?!? Why, even in a virtual world, would I give myself the job of cleaning the floors and toilets?!? (Okay, enough with the extra punctuation already.) As of today, I am the cook (unfortunately, there is no job called Restaurant Manager who just sits around schmoozing customers and has her fill of free drinks or that would be the job I picked) and guess who gets to clean the toilets? A man! Any man! even if it is just pretend. hee hee...

And the other things I plan on doing are getting up early to watch the sunrise, exercising, eating better, making time to quilt and, gasp!, maybe even do some scrapbooking. Poor Baby Bug only has 5 pages in his book. Poor 4th child.

August 27, 2009

It may be early but I am not alone.
Sometimes, I'd just like to be alone.
Not for long, though.
Just a little while - which is why I need to get up just a wee bit earlier.

2 comments:

The Duttons said...

We should make the men watch the kids while we have a scrapbooking marathon! haha I'm not as far behind as you are, but I don't have 4 kids and other hobbies.

Jo said...

You crack me up. Of all the ways to waste time online, virtual toilet cleaning should NOT be high on the list. So glad you finally came to your senses and hired a man to clean the toilets. :-)
(And no matter how early I get up, THE CHILDREN always beat me to it. Sigh).