Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart! part 1

For Brian's 39th birthday we took a trip to Chattanooga, Tennessee. We visited Rock City and the Tennessee Aquarium. I wondered if the kids would have enough stamina to make it to both places without any meltdowns. I didn't need to worry about that at all; they did great! The weather was beautiful and there were not too many people at either place. The only disappointment of the day was that our favorite restaurant, The Pickle Barrel, changed to an "Age 21 and older" establishment because smoking is allowed inside.



Grandma and the kids


June Bug blazing the trail.



Look at Lady Bug ready to climb over the edge!


Cuddle Bug looking out over the 7 States.


no explanation needed


Taking a break while a quick rain shower passes by and while I run down to the store to get more batteries for the camera.


What a gorgeous place!


Daddy holding up the 1,000 ton balanced rock!!


Looking at the gnomes behind bars. : )
signature

1 comment:

Bee said...

I can't wait for Part 2! Y'all are so cute. Well, except for the funny looking lady in the blue vest. The one playin' the fiddle. (Actually, she's kinda cute, too.)

I love those mountains. The NC part of them is about my most favorite place in the world. (I guess they're still the Smokies in Tennessee.)