Friday, May 28, 2010

"What are those black things?"


 My husband's younger cousin once asked him one day when they were rummaging around in the basement about 10 years ago.

Those "black things" were records, Jason.  I'm sure you know that by now, though.

And today I found a whole box full of them when I was cleaning out a closet.  

My boys are getting their own rooms this weekend and Anna is moving into their old room so that she can have her own bathroom.   Cameron and Parker have shared a room for the last 5 years since their little sister was born.  The house already feels different.  They seem so much more grown up.  Except for the part where Parker asked me how to spell "girl", "allowed" and then asked me for tape.  You know where that's headed, right?  It was his first act of independence.  ; )

Back to the records.

There is some real treasure in that box.  Among the 45's are these titles:
  • I Shot the Sheriff - Eric Clapton
  • (Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman - The Kinks
  • Y.M.C.A - The Village People
  • How Much is a Man Supposed to Take - The Gatlin Brothers
  • Take it to the Limit - The Eagles
  • I Write the Songs - Barry Manilow
  • Put Your Head on my Shoulder - Paul Anka
  • Whip It - Devo
  • Back Home Again - John Denver
  • More Than a Feeling - Boston
  • Blinded by the Light - Manfred mann's Earth Band
  • Tragedy - Bee Gees
  • Have You Never Been Mellow - Olivia Newton John
  • Another Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd
  • The Gambler - Kenny Rogers
  • Daydream Believer - The Monkees
  • Valley Girl - Frank & Moon Zappa
  • Kiss - Prince 
I think this is a pretty priceless collection, don't you?


Now I'm going back to move more furniture, books, clothes, toys and junk from one room to another.   When I'm all done with the painting and decorating I'll have lots of before and after pictures to show.  And I might also have a hernia.

signature