Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Shake 'N Bake

What an exhausting day.  I'd never have made it through without help from Out of Eden.  Oh! to be a fly on the wall when I'm cleaning up the house to that album.  I can think of lots of word pictures to give you but none of them are pretty.  But when I have those songs to listen to I can get so much done so quickly!  It's like a double shot of espresso that takes immediate effect.  My favorite songs on that album are Now I Sing and Different Now.

I needed those songs because I had to do some cleaning in between phases of baking a cake today.  And I do mean phasES.  Plural.  Very Plural.

I mixed up a batch of yellow cake and baked it in a 9x13 pan around 7:30 a.m., had it out of the oven and cooling by the time I had to wake Anna Banana up for school.   When I got back I made the chocolate butterflies that I put on top of the cake and put them in the fridge to set.   Then I realized that one 9x13 cake wasn't going to be enough (cake would have been very flat) and decided that I needed to make another cake for a second layer.  But...I only had 2 eggs when I needed four.  So...I had to wait until Brian could stop at the store for more eggs at lunch time.  

Hence the cleaning.   And the need for movin' your tush music because I was already wore slap out and it was only 10:30.

When he got home with the eggs, I mixed up and baked the second cake.  Headed back to school to pick up Anna.  Had to wait for the second cake to cool.  It was now 2:00 p.m..  Started to frost it but only had two cans of frosting and that was only enough to cover a little of the sides and glue the layers together in the middle!  Ugh.

Had to wait until Cameron and Parker got off the bus so I could go to the store to get more frosting.   Quick trip to Kroger and picked up THREE more cans of frosting.  Back home.

Have I mentioned yet that the cake was for my mom's group that she meets with on Wednesday nights and that it needed to be done by 5:00?

Well, it did indeed get done.   With just enough time to spare to put it in the refrigerator to chill to help keep it from melting and sliding apart like last year's cake did.

It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked but I'll bet it tasted fine.


Now all I want to do is take a bath, watch the American Idol results and go to bed.  

But before I do all that I have to share this song.

And, sorry, but I have no clue what these pictures of water have anything to do with this song.  Just ignore the pictures and just listen to the song.   'Night, y'all.

signature