Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Muskrat Love? Really?! What kind of drug do you have to be on to come up with that one?!

Don't look!  ...  But it's been 4 whole days since I posted!

I told you not to look!

It's been busy around here ... Yes!  I realize you're thinking, "So?  What's new?  It's always busy there!"   And, my brain kind of feels like a deflated balloon.  Again, "So? What's new?  Doesn't your brain always feel that way?"  So I haven't had enough mental energy to come up with my own post.


And because I love Joyce's answers so much (as always) I'm answering The Random Dozen questions from 2nd Cup of Coffee.


1. Ever had any run ins with the library police?
Ummmm...what are the library police?  Are they those people who shush you the whole time you're there?

2.  Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?
I keep most of it in my coat closet all jumbled on the floor and once a year (maybe once every other year) I try to "organize" it.   When you have as many kids as I do there is no need to buy any gift bags.  Hooray for recycling!   I love wrapping presents and prefer to wrap than to throw something in a bag with tissue paper, though, which is why my gift bag stash never seems to get any smaller.  My favorite wrapping "method?" is plain white paper and a pretty bow and hand-made gift tag. Plain white paper works for any occasion and any recipient.


3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster? 
I've seen a tornado from a distance when I was a kid and we were only a mile away from the tornado that hit our area a couple years ago.  It took us almost two hours to get home that night from church because all of our regular routes were blocked by fallen trees and debris.  I love spring time but this is about the time I start to have my recurring nightmares about walking out the front door and seeing a dozen tornadoes headed in our direction.  I hate that dream.


4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Copacabana? Do I have to have a favorite Barry Manilow song?  He's not exactly someone I listen to on purpose.

5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?

For a Halloween party with our Sunday School class we were supposed to dress as famous couples. Brian and I went as Sonny and Cher.  It was only appropriate that he be Cher because he's taller and also does a mean impression of Cher flipping her hair.  Sorry, honey, but this picture refuses to go away! 



6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Probably the dictionary.  I always want to make certain that I am using a word correctly.

7. What's your favorite breakfast food? 
There definitely isn't just one.  My favorite breakfast is The Old Timer's Breakfast at Cracker Barrel: eggs over medium, bacon, hashbrown casserole, biscuits and gravy, o.j. and coffee.   I believe I've mentioned this a time or twenty.

8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
Joyce, you'll love this!

A series (very long series) of cd's from Time Life called Singers/ Songwriters.  There are over 20 cd's in that set and each one of them is a double cd and there isn't one bad song in the lot!  Oh!  Wait!  I forgot!  Muskrat Love is featured on one!  WHY?!  Why must we be tortured with Muskrat Love?!  Oh the inhumanity!

9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
I think so


10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I do.  I don't think it happens to everyone but I'm pretty sure it happens to some.  Just ask Kayann and Phil!  And I definitely believe in love after first date!  Because that's what happened with us.  Man!  I'll never forget that night.  I'll tell you more on May 11th. 

11. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
 I have approximately 5 pairs of jeans?  But only two pairs fit and that's because they are identical twins.  When you find a pair that great then you make sure to buy two! 

12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.")
I LOVE "Ace of Cakes"!  Thanks to Ginger for that one!  Hmmm.... what would my cake look like?  A camera laying on a quilt with a picture of my kids in the viewfinder.
signature