Thursday, November 20, 2008

One Week until Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving! In part because it kind of "puts me in my place." Meaning that I stop all the pining for other things and start evaluating what I already have and then I realize how beyond blessed I am. So, here are some of the most important things I'm thankful for since I started with some pretty silly stuff the other day.

  • SALVATION!!! First and foremost, my Creator, .... created me! Then even though He knew how horrible I would be and because He knew how horrible I would be He made a way for me to know Him because I was incapable of doing that on my own!! Max Lucado wrote one of my favorite books called Because I love You. Thank You, Jesus! for loving me.

  • Brian! Wow! and if I manage to fight back tears again with this entry I'll be amazed and if you know me at all, you will be too. I'm so spoiled!! You're home with us more than most men get to be. You take on enormous amounts of responsibility at work and here at home. You're an amazing Daddy and the most incredible husband!! Thank you for your patience, understanding, strength, commitment, sense of humor, and selfless love!








  • C- Uh oh! Now I'll need a tissue. Thank you for your willingness to help. You've changed alot just in the last few months and I can see how you're growing up in alot of ways. I love how well you've been playing with your friends and with your brothers and sister.










  • P- Sweet thing!! You're the best snuggler in the whole wide world. You have the ability and desire to teach others and I can't wait to see how God uses that in you. I also love your compassionate heart.










  • A- My doll baby! You've never met a stranger (just like your mama). You have more energy than the rest of us put together and you make me laugh so hard!










  • L- Growing up so fast. Stop it! Stop it right now! Right now you're Mommy's Boy but that won't last long I know so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I love your laugh, sweet pea!







  • Mom! You are an amazing woman! You give of yourself to everyone and most often to me! Thank you for helping me so much with the kids and for being my friend. I'd be one frazzled, crazy person if it weren't for you. You help me keep things in perspective and it's one of the greatest gifts you've given me.

No comments: