Monday, October 5, 2009

Much Ado About getting Nothing done

I don't really know why I haven't posted since last Tuesday other than the fact that I didn't have much to say. SHOCKING I know! And honestly, most of what I have to say is nonsense anyhow, isn't it? So, technically, you could say I never have much to say. ; )

It has been a busy week, though, and that might be the real reason. Teacher conferences (another tomorrow), projects due (one completely forgotten about but it was only for preschool so it doesn't count, right?), house cleaning, exercising (another shocking occurrence - what isn't shocking is that I did it for 2 days and haven't for 3), football games to watch, pumpkins to pick.

What I want to know is this: Why is it that when I make time to take care of myself (i.e. exercising, showering, getting out of my pj's) that I can't seem to find the time to take care of the house? And, vice versa, when I make time for cleaning the house properly (i.e. laundry, cleaning my bathroom, cleaning my bedroom [hooray! T.V. remote found at last], decorating) that I can't seem to find the time to take care of myself?

Last week I started Jillian Michaels' The 30 Day Shred. I started October 1st with intentions of doing it every day of the month. Thursday and Friday no housework got done. Saturday and Sunday I cleaned the master bathroom and bedroom and I moved a table into the dining room and put away some decorating things and I didn't have time to get a workout in. Today repeated Monday of last week in which I followed Baby Bug around with clean clothes and towels picking up after the sick mess he made most of the morning so all I got done today was some laundry, some quilting and helping June Bug with a school project. *sigh* I even woke up at 6:00 in the a.m. and won't go to bed until 10 p.m. . So it isn't like I rolled out of bed around lunchtime and went shopping with girlfriends and watched T.V. until bedtime. Honest.

Do you have this problem too?

Here are some pics of what DID get done:


Does that qualify as being productive?
signature

3 comments:

Joyce said...

yes. that's productive.

I feel the same...by the time I walk the dog then do the shred then shower, etc. the morning is practically gone. I hate to clean in the afternoon so there's the dilemma.

I don't get to the shred everyday but I'm about 5 out of 7...still plugging away...still hating it.

Jo said...

Now, now. It looks like you got A LOT OF STUFF done. Well maybe not done so much as lived. And that's way better than done. Even if the house (or your shower-less hair) is a mess.
(Take this with a grain of salt, coming from the lady who hasn't showered today and whose kitchen is still a mess from last night's dishes).

Anonymous said...

I can soooo relate. I gave up on the exercise stuff....one day I will get back into it. Right now the kids keep me running here and there and everywhere! You were very productive. :)