Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ketchup

It seems that over the last few weeks I've just been playin' "catch-up" on this here blog. A couple of days ago I was kind of lecturing myself about it too. But today I'm in a better place about the whole thing.

Part of the issue has been that I simply must have absolute quiet in order to think about which words I should use in order to form complete and coherent sentences. And I have had very little uninterrupted quiet lately. Not to mention that the last few weeks have been pretty busy around here and I feel like because I've spent a little less time on the computer or thinking about this here blog that I have not had to play "catch-up" on my everyday kind of things. Is this making a bit of sense? What I mean is: I would rather be behind schedule on the blog than to be behind schedule in life. There. I think that says what I mean.

So, in light of the whole being busy thing, here is a post to get all of you caught up about what's been going on here. If you're interested. Because, believe you me, it isn't terribly interesting. Again, this is another part of the problem because I have this "thing" about the blog being "interesting" and I just need to suck it up and get over it. When I took this job (stay-at-home mommy), I was informed from the get go that it wasn't going to be a glamorous position. You know,... the whole wiping up poo and vomit and laundry and such kind of takes out all the pizzazz. (insert jazz hands!)

Enough rambling...on to the cake!

Brian has demanded requested repeatedly that I make a new dessert for him every Friday. So I finally got around to doing that last week. He was thrilled!

Playdate at Play an Activity Center with one of Anna's little preschool friends. If you haven't been to this place, I highly recommend it. They treat you goooOOOd here!

Look! Their mama was actually there, too! ...
Or is that just their personal photographer?

Before we left that morning I got my shipment from Blue Ribbon Foods.
Wait! I think I hear angels singing... Look at all that glorious food!


And this was our view as we rounded the corner toward home.
I love this view! I think it took me at least 6 months before I started actually watching the road in front of me instead of turning to gaze at the gorgeousness every time we came home. It's a miracle I didn't run over any pets or children at play.


Friday Cuddle Bug's class went on a field trip to Zoo Atlanta. Lots o' fun! Especially since Kristi Walker and I had to keep running off to find one of several of the little monkeys in our group. There was always someone running off ahead or straggling behind.

And I had this little cutie patootie with me!

And, speaking of cutie patooties...
...Cuddle Bug's seventh birthday was today!

These were the cupcakes he requested.



And, by-the-way, Wednesday was my birthday.
So,... Happy Birthday to Me!


And if it hadn't started raining at 6:00 tonight I would have had to herd a bunch of elementary rugrats through an inflatable thing at the kids' school Fall Festival tonight.
Thank you, Lord, for the rain! "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights." - James 1:16

And so ends my post.
signature

4 comments:

Bee said...

Oooh, I have so much to say.

1. Happy Birthday to you, you cute thing!

2. I think your life is interesting and so is your blog. That's why I read it.

3. Do you have an Anna too?! That is so cool.

4. Do you live near the mountains?! If you do, I'm so incredibly jealous. The NC mountains are my favorite place in the world and the GA mountains are darn close.

5. Love those cupcakes and would like a bite of the cake.

And you're absolutely right. It's better to be behind on blogging than to be behind on life! :-)

Joyce said...

So much to comment on...first, Happy Birthday! Hope your day was special....next the cupcakes are tres cute...and finally, what is on the top of that cake because it looks really really good.

Oh, and the mountains...they are beautiful...I love em and am the same way driving into my neighborhood...I'm so distracted by all the pretty that it's only a matter of time before I take off someones mailbox!

Jo said...

Happy belated birthday!

The Thrashers said...

Ok, I want to make those cupcakes!! What book are they out of? Have to try it!!!