Monday, December 13, 2010

Goodbye Grinchy Feelings


 It's been 11 days since my last post.  That's how long we've been at war with The Vomit Bug.  The Bug claimed victims #4 and #5 today from our family of seven.  Needless to say, blogging has not been high on my priority list.  Laundry and holding puke buckets and keeping people hydrated and comfortable have been my life for the last week and a half.

But I have managed to squeeze in some time during naps to take a few pictures of the house so I could link up today to The Nester's Christmas Tour of Homes.  

To be honest, I didn't feel much like decorating this year.   Let me rephrase that.  I didn't feel like decorating very much this year.  I wanted it to be simple.

I wanted to buy some white quilted stockings this year but the kids really wanted their own stockings up so of course that's what I did.  One day, a decade or two from now, their stockings will hang over their own fireplaces and then I can choose some different ones and I will still probably hang up the old ones anyhow. 


I didn't want to move any furniture out of the family room this year and the only other place for the tree was in the dining room.  But I had to move the table around and take out the leaf and hang the pictures on a different wall.  And I've decided I like this arrangement better.

There is a small tree in Anna's room and the boys each got a little tabletop tree for their rooms this year. 

Yesterday, God added his own little touch to the overall look.

I had been feeling kind of Bah-Humbuggish until we went to our church's Christmas program last night.  This year there were no dancing reindeer, no Christmas shoes, no carols and no glitz.  It was all about The Lamb and it restored my Christmas spirit.  Because He came for me.
And He came to live sinlessly and He came to die so that I might live.
 And He has given me wings and He has given me Peace.  And I couldn't ask for anything more. 
signature