Thursday, August 5, 2010

You Capture - Summer

I think it's kind of funny and a little sad that Beth asked us to focus on summer this week considering we are finishing up our 4th day of school.  Technically, it's still summer but for us Summer Vacation is officially over.  And because we have been very busy getting "back in the groove" I haven't had time to take many pictures this week. 

Some of the only pictures I've taken are from a Mommy and Daddy date we took with Landon this morning.  He still has 10 more days before preschool starts and we had a perfect opportunity to focus on our little guy while the rest of the kids were at school.

Yesterday I asked him what he would like to do with Mommy and Daddy and he said, "I want to go to Mickey Mouse World (Disney World) and see Mickey."  I had to explain that we couldn't do that since obviously it is too far away...like 10 hours too far away.  His next suggestion still has me a little confused.  "Then I want to take Angel to the doctor's and hers can stay there."  The only explanation I can come up with for this suggestion is that we did take the dog to stay with the vet when we went to the beach a few weeks ago. So, basically, I think he's wanting to go on a road trip.  Anyhow, that was clearly not an option either.  

We ended up at the mall and rode the carousel and the $4.00 per person train.  And he was perfectly happy with that.  It's still summer for my baby and this was a nice little way to spend a hot summer afternoon.  Inside with air conditioning.

 

signature