Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer Laundry vs. Winter Laundry

Monday is laundry day here.  I ran out of laundry detergent this morning.  Guess that means I won't be doing laundry today.  

I'm beginning to think nudists (or naturists, as they prefer - or so I've read) are really just people who hate doing laundry more than I do.  That might be a good enough reason to live in a naturist community - no laundry.  Except, if I was a nudist, I'd still have to have socks; I can't fall asleep if my feet are cold.  Don't nudists still have to have socks and shoes?  I mean, if they're getting "back to nature" don't they still do things like hiking - you wouldn't want to go hiking in bare feet.  So are they really "nude" if they're wearing socks and shoes?  

Back to the laundry...

There is more of it now that school is back in session.  During the summer we have lots of pajama days and the laundry piles consist almost entirely of T-shirts and shorts and hardly any socks.  During the fall and winter the laundry piles are full of jeans and long sleeves and sweaters.  And lots of socks.

The only thing I don't like about summer laundry is ... sand.

Look!  A segue!

This week's theme at I Heart Faces is the beach!


This picture was taken last fall and is one of my very favorite photos ever. I love how Landon is covered in sand.  I miss the beach.



signature