Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Date Night Unwrapped

Friday was our date night.   Brian bought tickets to Eddie's Attic for the performance and dinner.   Eddie's Attic is  "a popular live music venue for aspiring and accomplished performing songwriters".  It's very cozy so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia but if you don't mind rubbing shoulders with people seated at the next table then definitely rush over to see a show.
 



We left a little late from the house and got quite turned around when we got downtown.  The first group was scheduled to start at 8:00 and I was hungry and turn into Grumpappotamus if I haven't eaten.  I was doing remarkably well at keeping my cool but suggested that we just forget about The Attic and find somewhere else to eat before my Jekyll and Hyde transformation took place.  We called Eddie's and asked if we could get our card credited since we weren't going to make it and they said it wasn't a problem at all.

 But only about 3 minutes later we found a road that was part of the directions and easily found our way over to the venue within 10 minutes.  They still had our reservations sitting at the desk and were so sweet about getting us seated.   The first group was only on their 2nd song so we hadn't missed much.  


The food was very good and the music was amazing!


iTunes sell music
Quantcast











I'm so glad we didn't give up and even more happy that I didn't grouch at Brian at all.  We're on the same team, after all, and I don't want to ruin the time we get to spend with eachother by complaining.   I'm thankful that I didn't let that moment pass me by.  Being selfish and unkind would certainly have ruined it.   But instead I "held onto [that] day with thankful, peace-filled hands" and "embraced all that [that] day had to offer."  Because it certainly did have A LOT to offer!