Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ragamuffin Garland


Last night I made a Ragamuffin Garland. Brian says it looks more like a Bag Lady Boa. He's kind of right. But it's cute in a shabby kinda way, right? It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. Of course, if you don't have a fabric stash somewhere in the house then it probably would take you longer but I have this semi-addiction to fabric and so I had plenty to work with. I just tore each piece and then tied it onto a ribbon long enough to stretch across the mantle and attached ring clips to each end. The Nester has a tutorial on her blog if you want to know how to make your own.

This is the first time I have ever decorated for Christmas before the day after Thanksgiving. (You like all that time travel in that last sentence?) I went ahead and finished the mantle today and maybe tomorrow I will put up the tree or outside decorations. The kids are so excited. The only problem is that they don't realize that Christmas is still a month away.
Do you see those stocking hangers up there? Yes, those pictures are three years old which is why Baby Bug doesn't even have one in his hanger. You'll all be so proud of me. I changed the pictures right after I took this photo.

Also? The cute clock display thingy majigger in the 1st photo way up there at the top? Yeah. That didn't work. I had it rigged up there on that black candle holder/platter thing (don't you love how I use all the correct decorating terminology?) with Play-Doh. Guess what came crashing down 18 minutes later?

And broke into about half a dozen pieces?

So now I have this. Not as cute or unique but it will have to do.
And while we're on the subject of cute and unique... This is what Baby Bug did with his dinner yesterday...
He skewered his bread with carrot bits from his salad.

Yes. That's my child.
signature

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh that is so cute! You're so crafty. We're pulling out the decorations this weekend. I only had half of my Christmas stuff with me in England and the other half went to storage. Haven't seen some of it in 6 years so it will be fun to pull it all out.

Merry Turkey Day!

Travelin Fam said...

Your mantle looks so good. I'm inspired.