Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

How ya'll doin? Are ya good? 'Cause I'm good.

I got all the kiddos in bed by 7:30 tonight! Brian is out with "The Boys" and I'm sure they are only speaking in Simpsonese (as in The Simpsons cartoon Simpsons) and having a grand time. I purposely didn't give the two little bugs a nap so that I could get an earlier start to bed time and... bwoohahaha! ... my evil plot has all come together so nicely! And now Mom is telling stories about people I will never meet and the crazy days that they all had this week. And we're sharing stories about all the craziness within our own families. And I'll admit that after such a long week I was kind of like, "What do I care? I don't even KNOW these people you're talking about." Which is hysterical and highly hypocritical because what do I love doing every day?! Reading my favorite blogs about people I don't know and all the craziness in their lives! And I do the exact same thing to her. I read her all the funny posts about stuff that has happened to these people and I'm sure she's thinking, "What do I care? I don't even KNOW these people you're talking about!" I think we all have to hear about someone else's crazy stuff just so we know we're not alone in our craziness. Ya know what I mean? So, it's always good to know that I'm not the only one in the world who...
- locks their keys in the car while it's still running or...
- let's their car run out of gas because you left your wallet at the restaurant and you had to go back to get it so that you can pay for the gas or...
- that two people you love are horrible at communication and all the crazy stuff that happens as a direct result of all the assuming both parties have done or...
- fill in the blank.

It is, after all, Friday the 13th so the craziness is universal right?
Solomon was so right when he said, "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9)
signature

1 comment:

CDScott said...

It is funny how we enjoy reading about others' crazy lives! You can always find someone with crazier things going on than you do :-)