Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Finally joining Joyce's Wednesday Hodge Podge.  Here are her questions this week:



1. Will you watch the Super Bowl? If so who will you root for? If you are outside the USA what is the 'big deal sporting event' in your own country?   We'll probably watch this year.  It will be like watching a Super Bowl rerun or highlight clip from the 70's.  Steelers and the Pack!  How cool is that?  It'd be cooler if it was Steelers and Falcons but ... oh well.  Who will I root for?  Hmmm...I don't really care but it might be easier to swallow our (the Falcons') defeat if we lost to the guys who win it all.... so I guess I'm cheering for Packers.

2. Is ignorance bliss?  I'm going with ... sometimes Yes?  But I don't know, really.  There are definitely some things I would rather I didn't know and there are some things that I am glad I know about because, otherwise, how would you be able to help if you didn't know about it?  Am I being too ambiguous?

3. Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy)  I think I'm all but Sneezy.   Bashful is afraid to speak up and sometimes I feel the same way.   Doc stumbles over his words - so do I.  Dopey is sweet and lovable but a little slow - me again.  Grumpy - well, I can be too.  Happy - this is me most of the time!  And Sleepy - goodness knows I could use a nap!  

4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize the seating? (Men up front? Women up front? Couples sit together?) And thanks to Lori at Mountain Woman at Heart for the question! Everyone go say hi to Lori.  Depends on who we're with.  Most of the time it's couples but occasionally it's men up front and women in back.  It's rare that we're in the car with another couple, though.

5. What is beauty?  Everything.   No, not everything.   There are a lot of ugly things too (this could be a reference to question #2) but beauty is almost everywhere.  It doesn't need to be defined ... just found.

6. If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert to a party in their home, which would you choose?  I usually choose dessert.

7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer?  Gosh!  I wish I had one.  Cheese dip?  Can't go wrong with cheese.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  I sent Brian a link to Ann Voskamp's post today and he sent me this in reply.  Tissue warning!  And, by-the-way, He was 26 and I was 21 when we got engaged but we still got the "you're too young" comment from one or two people.



signature