Monday, December 22, 2008

Grey Hair

Quick survey: How many of you enjoy going grey? Raise your hand if you look forward to getting new grey hairs.

I'm raising my hand! Am I the only one?!

"Why?" you ask. I'm not exactly sure but I really like them. Now, mind you, I've only got about half a dozen but I'm not plucking and I'm not coloring my hair in order to cover them up (I just like coloring my hair and I usually hope that the color hasn't covered too many). I call them my own personal "bling." I can't afford any "bling" on my fingers or in my ears or around my neck so God has given them to me on my head. Also, maybe the personality of grey hairs matches my own and so I identify with them. They're kind of unruly, hard to manage, want to stand out in the crowd and they don't match. ; )

I guess most people don't like them because they think grey hair makes them look older. I don't mind looking older...if I'm older. Maybe I didn't enjoy being young enough to miss being young! Maybe I didn't have enough fun to realize what I'm missing now. : ) And, after all, thirty-three is still young. But I thoroughly look forward to each new year and each new birthday and to getting older.

So bring on the new grey! Raise your hand, people! It's not like you're the only one it's happening to!

No comments: