Friday, February 19, 2010

Awkward

Petrified.

That is precisely how I felt about going to that big high school.  So I chickened out.  I thought it would be safer at the little private Christian school run by my church.
Safer.  HA!

After the first miserable year I came to the conclusion, via a Pros and Cons list, that I would rather take my chances at that big public high school.  It was a good decision.  

It was just too obvious in a class of 32 that I didn't fit in - as opposed to a class of 300. There my odds of finding at least a handful of people I could connect with were much greater.  Within the first hour I had reconnected with friends from my 8th grade year and felt immediately at ease.  At home.
 
(I miss you lots, Linda!  Where did you go?  I can't find you anywhere.)

High school.  It wasn't awful and it wasn't heavenly, either.  I'm just so glad it's over.  

Being an adult is so much better.

signature








P.S.  Just for the record, it still gets on my nerves that seniors from the class of '91 messed with our yearbook so badly.  I still don't know which way is up in it.  Our class was much more responsible.  ; )